4.05.2008

Dear Ashley, Ashlee Or Whatever You've Changed It To

Well it's great to know that after everything, going to hell and back three times, you're just picking up your things and leaving. I don't recognize the person I see today. On the outside, its you but when you open your mouth to speak you become foreign to me. This all is devestating. You think a person would learn from their mistakes. You think a person would come back twice as strong. You think a person would take their own advice. You're stunned at such a hypocrite. I'm stunned. How can a person who feared change like it was a type of cancer become their own fear? Changed. You are. It's okay to change, we all change but for the most part we stay true to who we've always been. Be it a bitch, a Saint or a lesbian. You were not this. This person you have become is not a good one. Where are the morals you used to hold on to? Why have you let everything go out the window? For a good time? It's not worth it. You're losing it. It being a friendship that was once thought to be everlasting. It being your self-respect. I want you back. I can't believe the stranger you are to me now. I used to read you like a book but now I can only hope to guess what's going on under the glaze. I would have been there at the height of your success, proud as can be. I would have held your bouquet as you got married. I would have dipped the pickle in chocolate sauce for you and your unborn child. But now I just watch you play the leading role in your self-destruction. I pulled at your right arm, your left arm, your hair but the force at the other end was too strong. But who was at the middle? You. I didn't feel you helping me or even noticing me fighting for you. You chose this. Don't be stunned.

2 comments:

Noma Myxoma said...

I really enjoy everything you write on this blog. So what if you were the bitch in high school? You seem to have two feet on the ground and a real head for them to hold up high.

Kim said...

Wow, thanks a lot :) I really appreciate that!

Blog Archive