I visited Amsterdam today with the sole purpose of vintage shopping. As I was walking to a store, I passed by a record store that sounded familiar. On my way back I had to stop by and take a chance at satisfying my curiosity. I asked the only guy who was working if he had anything by Jacques Greene. "Jacques Greene," I repeated eagerly. He had never heard of that guy, but he did have some JACK Greene if that's what I meant. Sure enough I found my boyfriend's records (two different ones) and felt such a sense of happiness as I held them.
To think back on how I was in the same room as him, asleep for the most part, as he worked until the wee hours of the morning (on headphones because he is very considerate) on these whatever tracks, these incredible songs which would later become some of my favourite ones to sing and dance to.
He is probably the most passionate person I have ever met and his perseverance has been an inspiration to me. He is extremely modest about his incredible talent and if he ever reads this he might get upset but the moment I experienced today needed to come out in writing. I admire him so.

1 comment:
photo cred: samantha garritano
Post a Comment